Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Jade's Crop Top from Snuggle My Baby Patterns


It may be April, but summer is practically here already in Oklahoma.  My kids have pretty much checked out of school, and I'm pretty much right there with them (just being real...:)!)  I just had the opportunity to test the Jade's Crop Top from Snuggle My Baby Patterns, and my daughter loves it. She wants me to put tulip sleeves on every shirt she owns now.


Okay, so pattern details!!

- Sizes range from 2T - 16.
- Two sleeve styles: fairy wing or tulip
- High-lo hem
- Key hole back tie so no buttons or zippers!
- Layered printing
- Quick and easy sew (took me about 45 minutes from cutting to final stitch)

This top was such a quick sew.  I made this one in a size 7, which is my daughter's ready to wear size, and it was a perfect fit.  I did use the measurement chart to figure out her size, though, because she grows so much between tests that I never know for sure what size she's in.  This one, however, is true to size for ready to wear.

We took a look at both sleeve styles and opted for the tulip sleeve.  After she put it on, Naomi decided that she wants every single shirt to have tulip sleeves from now on.  Since she doesn't typically like anything girly, I was pretty excited that she loved these sleeves!


The back has a keyhole closure at the top with ties so it's pretty easy to put on and take off.  While I am happy to do buttons and zippers, I was kind of happy to see the ties at the neck.  It's a pretty simple way to finish the hems, too!  The ties and neckline are all one single strip of bias tape so that made it quick and easy to finish.  I opted to make my own bias tape, and I did a 1/2" finish (or a 2" wide strip).  You can use any width bias tape that you want for this part so that gives some flexibility when picking the bias tape you want to use.

There were only three pattern pieces so there isn't a lot to assemble and cut out.  The top itself is pretty free flowing so my daughter had plenty of room to run and play when we were at the park. She's pretty particular about anything that clings too tight, so this was right up her alley!  We already have several more of these planned.  Hopefully, I get to them before she grows again!  HA!

"Sooo, how do I get a copy of this pattern?" you ask.  Let me tell ya!  This pattern just released, and it is available for a special release price of $5!  This price is good through May 1st so don't miss out on your chance to get this while it's on sale!  Just head over to Jenn's webstore to grab a copy: Jade's Crop Top.  Jenn also has a Snuggle My Baby Patterns support group on Facebook where you can get inspiration, ask questions, or just hang out with other sewists.  You can join the group here: Snuggle My Baby Patterns FB page!  Thanks so much for reading along!  Now go grab your copy of the Jade's Crop Top and share your creations with us on the FB page!

Blessings and Happy Sewing,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment